I am willing to guess that you need a cyber liability policy!
The cost associated with responding to a data breach or cyber attack are not covered under a standard insurance policy.
General liability policies now specifically exclude cyber related losses. And your crime coverage will not respond to a data breach or cyber attack.
What exposures do you have?
1) Breach notification law compliance - 47 states have notification laws.
2) Fines and penalties - for not complying with the breach laws.
3) Breach response cost - mailers, identity monitoring or restoration, data restoration, computer hardware damage.
4) Legal cost to defend against actions brought against your business by effected entities.
1) Damage to computer systems and data from unauthorized access, hacking, malware, virus, trojan horse, ransom ware.
2) Legal cost from actions brought against the business due to lack of system security.
Can it happen to you? We are all exposed. Do you ever forward a link via email? If that link has a virus that infects the recipients computer or network you can be held liable.
Lost and stolen portable devices like your laptop, notepads, smart phones that might have sensitive data.
I know that as a business owner you're very busy. But, I believe strongly that this is something that you need to review now!
Call me today, 913-948-6590, and we can schedule a time to review your current policy and potential coverage gaps.