HALF OF ALL TEENS WILL BE IN AN ACCIDENT BEFORE GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL!
Here are 6 things to talk about with your teens;
1) No drinking and driving.
2) Buckle up - everyone - every time front and back.
3) Eyes on the road, hands on the wheel - all the time.
4) Stop speeding before it stops you.
5) Only one passenger at any time.
6) Cell phones off or in console/glove box. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents.
According to the National Highway Safety Administration in 2014 - 2,679 teens died in auto accidents. An additional 123,000 were injured.
Parents please take the time to discuss this with your kids. I know the looks you will get because I got the same ones, but its worth it! And set a good example for them to follow.
Watch for my next blog about the things you should, and should not do in case you are in an accident.